Sunday, January 21, 2007

Here It Sits


There it is. My bike. I like my bike. I like to ride my bike. Each time I get on it, I think of the Queen lyric, "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike."

I like my Motorcycle, too. I love to ride. There really is no other feeling like it. Again, each time I am on it, I am reminded of another lyric by Arlo Guthrie about how he doesn't wanna pickle... He just wants to ride his motorcycle (cycle being pronounced like pickle.) See, where I'm from we pronounce motorcycle like motorsickle. I'm not really sure why, I guess that's just part of our accent up in the northwest. Another one I am CONSTANLY reminded of by my wife is Antenna. Where I'm from we pronounce it ANN-TAN-NUH. We don't say it like ANN-TEN-NUH. Oh well, right?

Now that I'm moving on, my motorcycle is in the shop. It's sunday, and I ride every sunday. Not today... So, I went to ride my bike... Wow, I got one block and had to turn around. It was 37 degrees. Didn't seem that bad standing still. However, while you are moving at 12-15 mph, the wind and cold hits your face like a MACK truck. So, I had to turn around. It's a shame, really. I could use the exercise. So, I guess I'm home bound. Deal is... It's not supposed to break 42 today. That's what really sucks. Maybe I'll just go for a walk. Or, maybe not. Heather's studying, so she's not in the mood to go exploring. Kids are on lockdown, I guess. Rooms are a pig stye and they don't feel like going outside. Too cold.

So, I suppose it's just a good day to listen to some Queen, Arlo Guthrie and maybe a little Frank Black. Thanks Chris!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

queen rocks (love that bicycle song, fat bottomed girls is a close second) and frank black is a god. it has been cold here too, too cold for bike riding. i have been walking the neighborhood, pushing liz in the jog stroller. need to lose 20 pounds if it kills me! think i have been saying that for about five years now.